Thread: Glock 34 or 17?
View Single Post
Old March 31, 2006, 06:26 PM   #4
HSMITH

While 38 super has a valid point and it works for him I prefer the opposite in guns. I like very light handguns and do not find an extra inch or so of sight radius in the 34 making a difference for me in scores. I prefer the 17 to the 34 by a lot, it feels better, transitions faster* and doesn't cost me any points doing it. The 17 feels a little sharper in recoil, and a little faster in recoil. This gives me the feeling I prefer in a competition handgun.

I know I am in the minority on this though, most of the competitors that I have talked to that have shot both in competition like the 34 better. It feels a little softer and a little more stable, that is what most have cited as the reason they prefer it over the 17.

Feel is so subjective you will look long and hard to find two people that agree completely on anything 'feel' related. You really should shoot both and buy the one you like better.

* It may not actually transition faster for me, I haven't run timed drills to find out. It may just be that I transition the gun easier or a little more precisely. Whatever the actual reason is makes the 17 feel better to me when transitioning between targets.

Page generated in 0.03437 seconds with 8 queries