View Single Post
Old November 7, 2013, 12:38 AM   #58
semi_problomatic

Actually bart, I'm arguing standard issues caliber/cartridge, not rifle. The OP's question wasn't about the fate of the M14. M4 and M16's doesn't make a wiff of difference. They BOTH shoot 5.56. So if you have a point to be made I'd love to hear it.

Where is this ar-10 people keep saying?? When did you see an ar-10 issued? EVER?

I'm saying that it is not standard issued for the MILITARY. Or, is sniper now an MOS? I thought it was a speciality. I didn't know we had a sniper MOS. And the marksmen are all their own special MOS too?

Well, let me break it down for you bart, since you missed SPECIAL last time. Snipers are still issued m4's and 16's. They just also get a rifle chambered in a heavier flavor. Like .308, .300 win mag, or big fiffy. But the don't all get the 7.62x51, now do they? Hmmmm?

Now, being a sniper does not change the soldier's MOS. it does not change the soldier's primary rifle. It is special and used on special occasions. Like ramadan. And when the soldier moves he wil again get the 5.56 flavor.

So you could mince words and try to say the m24 is the standard issue....blah blah. But you'd be wrong. Because snipers are issued upgraded m16's, M14's and M82's. AND the M24 could come in .300 win mag or .308 flavors. So, please do tell my what is sniper standard issue and where does sniper sam, standard issue man fit in with everyone else?

And *ding ding ding* wrong yet again bart. Because everyone who gets a pistol, gets an m9. Regardless if you're MP, medic, occifer...you ALL get M9's. But 9mm is not a standard issue cartridge for...anyone. It, yet again, is SPECIAL issue. M4/m16 is still standard issue.

Last edited by semi_problomatic; November 7, 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03633 seconds with 8 queries