Thread: My last Ruger
View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013, 08:09 PM   #61
Blue Duck

Well, I got to say, Ruger is pretty bad on quality control. I have owned a lot of Ruger firearms and while I have had lemons with most every brand, I would have to say that I have had more Rugers with problems then about any other decent brand.

I bought a Ruger single 10 and only found some Winchester Bird shot rounds that would chamber without problems. I tried several brands of long rifle ball and none would chamber. The cylinders were too tight. Ruger's quality control rate of failure is high. I also had problems with a Ruger 45ACP convertible allowing too much headspace, and causing plenty of problems. I have also had and fixed for myself and friends guns, problems with hangups when cocking the hammer. It seems Ruger will sometimes leave a burr on the transfer bar and you have take the gun apart and get rid of the burr to fix it.

I also had problems with burr on the bolt of an old model Ruger 77 rifle, causing misfires. Had a Super Blackhawk that skipped because of burrs left on the ratchet notches, and I have seen plenty of other Rugers with problems that didn't belong to me.

Get a good Ruger and you have a fine gun, but darn it, I have had my share of problems with their guns, So, I can see where the OP is aggravated.

Page generated in 0.03634 seconds with 8 queries