View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 01:48 PM   #83
TunnelRat

Quote:
There are alot of one handed manipulations where you may not have a perfect grip on the gun which may make it impossible for you to rack the slide of your XD.
In my experience you need far from a perfect grip on the gun in order for it to fire. I can get it to fire with just my thumb and index finger for shooting. If I loose any more digits than that due to injury idk what my options are anyway.

Quote:
There are just alot of weird things that can and have happened during dynamic movement and if you have the chance to eliminate a potential issue that may occur with your hardware wouldn't it make sense to do so?
I wouldn't argue against that at all, it's sound logic. Course by the same logic we can say that any gun with a manual safety is a bad choice, same for long trigger pulls, exposed hammers, etc, etc.

Quote:
Home defense, concealed carry, law enforcement, etc... If the gun is simply a range toy these issues have little merit and the XD seems to be an accurate gun with a pretty good trigger out of the box.
I see nothing about the XD/XDm line that would make me question its use in a home defense or concealed carry fashion, but to each his own.
Maintain situational awareness

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries