View Single Post
Old March 5, 1999, 07:48 AM   #11
Bruce from West Oz

DC: Thanks heaps for the pic. From it, I can deduce that a coyote is somewhere between a fox and a dingo. I find it an amazing fact that they have actually killed children and we have never heard about it. We had a dingo take one baby at Ayers Rock, and I'm sure you all heard about Lindy Chamberlain (and Meryl Streep's atrocious Australian accent -- "The dingo's got my boiby!!" Australians can tell the difference between a genuine Oz accent and a Cockney accent!! Hollywood please note ;-))

Bulldog: It never really occurred to me until you put it in print, but that's exactly the situation here in Perth, too! I live in a northern, seaside suburb, about 30 km (19 miles) from the city centre. Just down the road from us is a major dual carriageway leading to the freeway -- and they've just put up "Watch out for kangaroos" signs on the side of the road! And I regularly see squished rabbits or foxes on West Coast Drive, the main north-south coastal road up this end of the world. Maybe I'd better get a packet of subsonics for the .22 and take the Jackaroo (Isuzu Trooper) out for a run later tonight ;-) (Just jokin' -- I'll have a beer instead and watch "Groundhog Day" again on TV for the 6th or 7th time)

Page generated in 0.02486 seconds with 8 queries