View Single Post
Old April 13, 2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Blindjim

thanks so far folks..

Palmetto Pride
Thanks much… I’ll look into that today.

Tirod said:
“There's one major item left in all the requirements. You haven't told us what target, and at what ranges you'll be using this.”

As for range & target, I’m not sure exactly what you mean. Indoor ranges only … or very very likely. Then of course, whatever size target emulates a distance of 250ft, 200ft, 150ft, 100ft…. and less with silhouettes naturally., or as far as my optics selection will allow me to acquire.

Probably, given my vision, a 100ft target indoors will be my max without serious magnification, and at that distance I believe I’ll need a LASER…. Not a DOT.

The sights I plan on using won’t have magnification properties. Eotech 512 is one of those I like so far, but I’ve not had it demonstrated yet, but will shortly. Another is a Green LASER. Some of these LASER sights will get demo’d at the same time. Most likely If I can utilize the E 512, and feel confident with it, I’ll add a lesser priced import LASER additionally.

I’ve seen a green LASER get out past 100 ft readily, just the other evening. It’s also why I said I’d need a rail elsewhere on the weapon besides up top.

The idea is to BOTH nail any bad guys on my little piece of Heaven, and generally speaking, only inside the mansion. ….at whatever hour. Either as a primary response weapon, or as an alternatie choice to the SPX.

I enjoy using my SPX, DON’T GET ME WRONG HERE. I merely have a little dose of “getanother whatyaain’tgot” gun bug I suppose. I’d also like to be comfortable with the knowledge if things go South fast, I have the ‘reach’ my SPX does not…. And I simply cant see me shooting anything or anyone beyond 150ft without pretty decent magnification to begin with.

A sixteen inch barrel as I mentioned above or what is allowed by law, are short IMHO. My 930 SPX has an 18 incher. So 16 would be less huh? Especially if it has a flash hidder on it, as then, the actual barrel would be shorter than sixteen, wouldn’t it?. I really don’t know the truth on that item.

Hope that clears up things.

Perhaps I’m actually looking for an M4 platform with the collapsible or hinged stock, as it should be more maneuverable inside the home.

Thank you for the input! Sorry I wasn’t more clear initially.

As for merging this thread with some other one, I have no objections, although things change with time. Prices, technology, accessories, etc., so the latest request might well be more reflective of the times...

...and as Mr. Zimmerman said a while back, "the times, they are a changin'"
Will Rogers said, "there's 3 sorts of people in this world, those who learn by books, those who learn by the experiences of others, and those who just have to pee on the electric fence every now and then."

.... for me, life becomes less and less shocking with every pull of the trigger.

Page generated in 0.02639 seconds with 8 queries