View Single Post
Old April 25, 2000, 07:56 PM   #5
ArmySon
Staff Alumnus

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>What’s the one piece of advice on reloading you wish you’d been told before you started?[/quote]

Getting a Dillon progressive. I started off like many others on a single stage press. Then eventually went to the Dillon. Now I can reload hundreds of rounds in a matter of an hour. In my opinion, learning to reload on a progressive is NOT very difficult. Same principles as a single stage. However, you must pay careful attention to detail. Don't go blazing away and trying to show off on your new press. It will only lead to trouble.

Buy as many manuals as you can afford. They have extremely valuable information. Later down the road, you'll page back through them for different load data. You will start off just loading one or two calibers. Next thing you know, you'll be buying different caliber guns just so you can reload for it.

The myth that reloading will save you money is so untrue. It is true IF you maintain the same amount of shooting because after the intial cost of brass, it's very cheap. However, like MANY of us, you will just end up shooting a lot more and getting MUCH better due to more practice.

My biggest piece of advice, DON'T EVER BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Any jerk that tells you otherwise when it comes to reloading is an idiot.

Page generated in 0.02075 seconds with 8 queries