Thread: Chiappa Rhino
View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 04:53 AM   #14
Sevens

I broke one at the gun counter in a very large local gun store. Asked to see it, was chatting with the salesman, asked him if he would mind if I were to dry fire and he assured me that he'd have it no other way, so I did, a time or two. Felt the extremely heavy cocking lever but found the very vague double action to not be all too bad.

And then? It got REALLY easy. After only 4 or 5 DA pulls, the revolver would now advance the cylinder, but not hammer anything. Using the cocking lever, opening and closing the cylinder, attempting multiple times to get the revolver to "jump back on board", it simply didn't work any more.

I was embarrassed...but only a bit. The salesman was two feet from me the entire time. He knew exactly what I knew-- I didn't do anything out of the ordinary in any way. I apologized, but then HE apologized and he added that he was glad that it did that right there, rather than for a customer who purchased it and took it home.

I agreed.

What bothers me more than anything about the Rhino is that every other product I've looked at with the Chiappa name on it is, well, crap. I think the idea is incredible and I'll wait patiently for Smith & Wesson or Ruger to obtain the rights to a bottom-barrel revolver. Chiappa doesn't make quality products, IMO.

The other thing that bothers me are the pictures that show the lockwork and it's complexity.

Page generated in 0.03194 seconds with 8 queries