View Single Post
Old May 11, 2012, 10:31 PM   #44
603Country

My serious note was back a ways in this thread, but I did have one other scare years ago. I was working in New Orleans back then and I was big into bass fishing in my Pirogue. I had bought it cheap, and it was small and there wasn't much boat sticking out of the water when I was in it with all my gear. I wanted a bigger boat, so I put out the word that I'd sell the pirogue. A guy I knew, a real big guy that was maybe 6 foot 5 and 260 pounds, offered me money for the boat. I sold him the boat. It was a really cold (for south Louisiana) duck season by then and this guy had a new shotgun and was pumped to go hunting. I heard shortly after that that the boat I had sold him had sunk with him and the brand new shotgun, and in deep cold salt water. I also heard that he was looking for me. He wanted a refund, but he had shot about 5 holes in the boat after he dragged it to land. After I avoided him for a week, he calmed down. Whew! He was a whopper of a guy. I laughed about all that for years, but never around him.

Page generated in 0.03361 seconds with 8 queries