View Single Post
Old December 10, 2004, 06:07 PM   #1
John Ringo

Idiot's Guide To IDPA & IPSC ???

I have been browsing the IDPA and IPSC websites for the last week. Actually made contact with one of the IDPA members here in Ohio for a shoot on the 20th of December. I have also waded though all of the post on the forum here in total confusion due to all of the politics.

But I have to admit that I am confused over the difference of the shoots. There is probably too much information out there. So what I am wondering is basically this: what is the real difference between shooting an IDPA match versus an IPSC match? Is one more of an obstacle course? Is one more focused on speed drills? Is one more focused on close quarters battle (CQB)?

The type of shooting that I am interested in is one in which I can focus my efforts on walking into a "room" or target area and having to shoot the bad guys and be rated on accuracy and targets ranging from 20 to 70 feet with my .45s and possibly .44s.

I am kinda lost with all of this info. Is there a such thing as "The Idiots Guide to IDPA & IPSC"??? Can someone break any of this down???

"I like these calm little moments before the storm (Stansfield, The Professional)."

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries