View Single Post
Old August 26, 2013, 10:22 PM   #5
Sabre9mm

Ok, thanks none the less.

I do not aspire to create some state of the art product, what I am more interested in is like the amateur radio operator that can build a radio vs buy one, they learn more about the device.

As I have no need for a suppressor, just an interest, I would be more likely to be interested in what is in it and HOW it works vs that it does indeed.

I have seen tons of information on the internet (only .01% of which I consider to be of any merit) but the concept of the suppressor is, advanced engineering aside, a very basic one, some very simple designs have yielded some impressive results...

I have the money to just buy it, but I have spent my life programming computers, and paying people to change my oil and fix my lawn mower. I have few tangible hands on skills outside digital land. Engineering and math skills combined with a hobby such as this should prove at the very least entertaining, perhaps one day practical.

Hey everyone needs a retirement plan, right? If I can pick up and develop in a new programming language in 30 days, certainly I can pick up a functional knowledge of these types of things in the next 5 years or so...

Page generated in 0.03183 seconds with 8 queries