View Single Post
Old October 19, 2005, 06:32 AM   #4
Remington kid

Thanks for the replies folks. I guess my problem is that I look at the old C&B Revolvers as the true gun of it's time and how it is still just as accurate or even more so than many modern fireams today.
You can load it up or load it down very easily when ever you want. No loading machine needed, no cleaning brass and so on. Just very simple and easy loading and ready to go. You can reload in the field or back yard and not have to run home to reload some more brass.
Maybe it's the idea that we don't really know just how well it served our frontiersman of old or the lives they saved or the lives they took or how many rabbit , deer and other critters they were able to take for food while on the trail or in the war. Not all the old boy's could afford rifle and revolver so the Remington was the best and most trusted. There life depended on them.
Guess I'm just an old romantic when I look at and hold my Remingtons and think about all this and what some of our forfathers went through. I've had my Remingtons for years and they are tuned like a fine running machine and get better with age. I never go to the woods without one on my side Mike

Page generated in 0.03571 seconds with 8 queries