Thread: Tumbler
View Single Post
Old January 12, 2005, 03:00 PM   #19
Nortonics

After reading consistent posts from knowledgeable hand gun cartridge reloaders, along with growing tired of spending all the money and TIME on case cleaning products and gizmos, I now just 'reuse' my brass. Over the last 1000+ of my handloads over the last couple months I have not done SQUAT to my used brass. Pick it up off the floor, bring it home, and immediately reload. I don't even pop the primers out beforehand - just stick 'em in the machine and go!

Has not affected anything one iota - nothing. Accuracy remains the same. Very little grime to speak of, certainly nothing to worry about. Primers seat just fine. There just simply is no problem what so ever with doing this. Once I got over the stigma of believing that hand gun cartridge cleaning is needed, I found myself ecstatic over the time and money saved, and wondered why the hell I didn't start NOT doing this earlier!

As for the argument "your dies will last longer" - how much do you think it costs to spray a little gun cleaner through your dies for 5 seconds every 500 rounds or so? Heck of a lot less than all that case cleaning equipment and consumables that go with it, guaranteed.

Oh, and don't go gettin' me going about how useless case trimmers are for hand gun cartridges too!

Page generated in 0.03487 seconds with 8 queries