View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 04:22 PM   #23
Crashbox

Quote:
Crashbox - thanks very much for mentioning your bench-mount RCBS priming tool. Just found it on Midway's site. I've been using the original hand-priming tool and like it (particularly instead of the "universal") because of the comfortable, familiar feel of the seat. But it is a PITA for quantity and my old hands can't work as many as they used to. The old "feel" apparently is what this bench-mount device tries to duplicate. Assume it takes standard RCBS shellholders.

Just one thing I don't understand, from the photo: how do you load the primers into the tubes, so that they are all right-side up?

For that matter, where do the tubes go? Underneath?

I'm referring to Midway product #457599, "RCBS Automatic Bench Priming Tool," NOT the RCBS APS priming tool that requires the primers to be in strips.
My apologies for taking SOOOO long to respond to this, I just happened to review the postings and noticed.

Yes, it does take standard RCBS shellholders. The tubes are inserted into the top portion of the dispensing "lever". You load the tube up and (after you make certain the little cotter pin is correctly inserted cross-ways in the tube!) you invert the tube and insert it into the "lever", then pull the cotter pin and you're good to go.

It is truly an amazing tool IMO.

Page generated in 0.03153 seconds with 8 queries