View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 08:01 PM   #18
Pilot

Quote:
And there is more difference between the P-01 and the PCR than what's been said. It's not just the rail on the P-01. The PCR's frame is cast aluminum. The P-01's frame is forged aluminum. I would definitely choose a P-01 over the PCR and it will be much more enjoyable shooting at the range than a sub compact carry pistol. I've owned and had a great deal of experience with the P-01 and the only pistol that really compares is the hard to find SIG/Sauer P-228.
Yes there are a few more differences between the P-01, and PCR. I don't think it really matters that one's frame is cast aluminum, and the other is forged as they are both very strong, and both passed rigorous tests. I have never heard of a frame failure on either.

The PCR has better Novak styled sights, and a truly unobtrusive loaded chamber indicator. In addition, while it is similar in size to the P-01, it has a slimmer muzzle without a light rail, which makes it a bit easier to carry. It does however fit perfectly in my Sig P228's holster which also does not have a light rail.

Finally, the PCR is NOT a sub compact pistol. It is the same size as other CZ Compacts including the P-01. Maybe you are thinking of the RAMI???

Page generated in 0.03443 seconds with 8 queries