View Single Post
Old April 18, 2013, 05:56 PM   #30
dgludwig

The op expressed an interest in the inherent accuracy differences between a Ruger single-action, .22 revolver and a Ruger MK .22 semi-auto. You eventually made the claim: "For those that dog the single action for locktime, bear in mind that the most accurate revolvers in the world are single actions." without offering any supportive evidence. No one has argued that Freedom Arms doesn't make an accurate revolver. No one has said that FA buyers have "wasted their money". But when you claim that FA makes the "most accurate revolvers in the world", you not only went way beyond the parameters posed by the op but you left yourself open to skepticism from those of us who aren't wedded to the notion that single-action revolvers, even in the guise of Freedom Arms, are inherently more accurate than all other revolvers in the world-and the claim begs for verification.

Quote:
Explain to all us dummies exactly what it is that makes a $500 double action just as accurate as a linebored FA with a premium barrel. Then tell us exactly what makes the FA less accurate?
My contention is that, everything else being equal (that is, just as much money and attention given to a da revolver as that given to a FA revolver), there is no intrinsic potential accuracy differences between any da revolver or any sa revolver. My point also is that the reason you find da revolvers (being shot in the sa mode) on the line at Bullseye matches and virtually no sa revolvers, is due to their superior sa trigger pulls in terms of lock-time, as acknowledged by James K: "...Some revolvers might shoot better than some autos, but IMHO, the SS is not in that category. One problem with all SA revolvers is the long hammer fall and the less than sterling trigger pull..."

Quote:
Here's a quip from John Taffin, who has owned and tested more revolvers than anyone here sans none:
I will put the scores and experiences of shooters like Bill Blankenship, Harry Reeves, Paul Weston and Bill Toney up against the likes of long-time sa proponent John Taffin any day of the year (and I'm a big fan of Mr. Taffin as a gun writer).

Quote:
Yes, you are wrong.
Really? Is thinking you are right and having others see you that way so important to you? Personally, I think this discussion has regressed to the bicker stage (and, yes, I've been a party to it ) and I'm sure I've said all I "needed" to say.

Page generated in 0.02699 seconds with 8 queries