View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 05:40 PM   #97
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
What you are missing is that propaganda works.

It's working for them.

We are ignoring, or more correctly not properly exploiting, the tool.
Calling ourselves first responders isn't the answer. Telling everyone that they are better off because we carry isn't the answer. These are nothing but feel good efforts to make us feel better. These are efforts along the lines of thinking that Sarah Palin was going to carry the election for us. Pro-gunners thought she was wonderful (see the various old threads here that show this) because she was pretty and pro gun, as if those were the only issues at hand. The problem was that carrying our own vote wasn't the problem. The problem was gaining new votes. Fence sitters and anti-gunners were not impressed by her being pretty or being pro gun to any significant amount.

What you seem to be missing in the propaganda game is that promoting ourselves on the features we really like happens to be some of the features that scare the hell out of the non-Republican and non-pro-gun community that we are trying to convince. It isn't about what we want when you are convincing others who don't share the same views. It is about what they want.

Never mind that telling everyone, as you suggested, that they are better off because we are around is going to be perceived as downright arrogant. That would be poor propaganda.

Page generated in 0.02465 seconds with 8 queries