View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013, 11:00 PM   #6
Daugherty16

The CT pistol permit allows a person to carry concealed or openly a loaded pistol in all lawful places, and purchase a pistol or long gun and take it with them at the time of purchase.

A CT pistol certificate allows a person (who goes about 80% of the way through the permit process but stops just short) to purchase a pistol and take it at the time of purchase to their place of residence or business, but there it stays. The law possibly, but not explicitly, allows them to transport it locked/unloaded to a practice facility.

No other person may purchase or possess a pistol in CT with the exception of someone participating in a sanctioned competition, but then the interrstate transportation rules apply before and after.

A person holding a pistol permit or a valid hunting license may purchase a long gun and take it with them upon purchase.

A person with neither a hunting license or pistol permit may purchase a long gun but is subject to a mandatory 10-day waiting period before consummating the purchase.

In all cases a NICS check is mandatory prior to consummating the purchase.

I think that covers the purchase/sale from a licensed dealer.
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.02123 seconds with 8 queries