View Single Post
Old April 12, 2012, 12:22 PM   #82
BarryLee

While I do understand some of the criticism of the NRA when you consider the amount of good they do some of the disapproval seems petty. While I know of no specific examples I have heard some people attack the NRA for sacrificing local issues for the bigger picture. While this may happen I think the best way to address this shortcoming is involvement in a local Second Amendment Rights group.

In Georgia we have a group called Georgia Carry.org that focuses exclusively on State issues. They have not only been influential in restoring freedoms at the State Legislature, but holding local municipalities accountable to follow the law. I feel like membership in this organization along with the NRA provides good balance between National and local issues.

For those who have disdain for the NRA remember the old proverb, “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”. Our enemies here are not organizations that seek to restore and maintain our freedoms, but those that seek to take them away.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Page generated in 0.02031 seconds with 8 queries