View Single Post
Old April 11, 2012, 03:57 PM   #78
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
There are ties between the right and the NRA that are disturbing to me,...
I have to wonder about attitudes like this one. The NRA is not an organization who discriminates about its members. Anyone and everyone who pays the dues is a member. Right, Left, UP, Down, all shapes, sizes, and political flavors are welcome as members. Your politics, outside gun issues is of complete indifference.

CNN does good work. Just don't confuse their work with the truth, ever.
Their lies, half truths and innuendo accomplish exactly what they want them to do. Just look at all the posters who threatened to leave the NRA and take their money with them, simply because of an article by a known, tainted, source!

SO what if a large number of the "right" are NRA members? (and just who is the "right", and why are they a bad thing?...no, don't answer that here, that a retorical question)

To those who claim loudly that the NRA doesn't do enough, or is wrong, etc. and are leaving because of that, I ask, "What have you done?" Rather than take your toys and go home, why not work in the NRA to make it what you (obviously) feel it ought to be, and isn't?

They may not be doing all you think they should, or may be going in what you feel is the wrong direction, but bashing the NRA and going away does NOTHING positive, either way. You aren't getting the NRA to change, and you aren't getting what you say you want. Some might say that's a whining loser's actions.

While there are other pro gun organizations that work hard, and do good things, the NRA is the only one recognised by the anti's as dangerous to their agendas. Even though they deride the NRA as fringe nuts, they privately admit it is much more mainstream and powerful than all the other pro gun groups combined. And more to the point, its true.

Page generated in 0.02834 seconds with 8 queries