Thread: Lube question
View Single Post
Old October 28, 2013, 06:06 PM   #9
Mike / Tx

Quote:
I've tried tumbling afterwards lightly, heavily, and multiple times. Each would give me leading until I started dipping them. I know that I had them sized correctly.
That's just plum crazy there. Unless your sizer is dropping them down too small I don't know of why the lube would cause that type of excessive leading.

Not saying your not getting it, just that there has to be something else at play. Like I mentioned above, I have run it almost exclusively in my 454 with the Lee 452-300RF, and in everything else I have loaded cast for. The only time I got any appreciable leading was when I used some softer alloy, which I knew going into it, would probably give me issues in my 41 mag. This is what it looked like after only 4 rounds,

As compared to my 45 Colt which had over a hundred rounds through it at this time,

What are you loading for that is giving you the leading issues you mention, and have you tried loading and shooting some without sizing to see if they leaded then as well?

Not picking on you, just trying to figure out what might be going on. Most folk's reason for not liking to using Alox is due to it being messy and sticky, hardly ever due to leading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1304250019.jpg (34.4 KB, 2258 views)
File Type: jpg 1304250025.jpg (34.3 KB, 3244 views)

Page generated in 0.03879 seconds with 9 queries