View Single Post
Old June 15, 2010, 06:48 PM   #18
James R. Burke

I would not use a air rifle for a survial weapon. But just myself I think the RWS is a very good make to start with. I would get the side cock model so the barrel does not move every time you cock it. You can get them over 1,000 f.p.s. and they are very accurate. Also with that system no pumping or co2 etc. Just one cock. Each shot is consistent has the last because nothing is compressed till you pull the trigger. Also with the side cock it is nice for a scope not moving every time you cock it. Then you need to decide do you want a .177 cal which is probably the most popular or the .22 if it was survival you wanted it for which I would not do I would probalby go with the .22 otherwise I would stick with the .177. Good make of pellets will make a differnce also. Stick with good name brands, you can get target, pointed, field, hollow point etc. I believe they have a new one out that is really fast, and accurate. Cost wise you will be surprized good ones are up there. But there is no doubt I would go with a break barrel or side cock type model. They are the stongest you can get, and like I said no pumping or co2 etc. Just one cock. I am not saying that is the best made but one of them, there are some real good ones out there, and they keep getting better. Just myself for survival I would be looking at more rifle than a air gun, but that is up to you. Good luck and let us know how it turned out. Funny but honest comment on the sling shot or wrist rocket. If your good with one of those with a ball bearing I would not want to be hit by it.

Last edited by James R. Burke; June 15, 2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Add:

Page generated in 0.03121 seconds with 8 queries