View Single Post
Old October 14, 2010, 10:06 PM   #1
Uncle Buck

A pleasant Surprise!

I was working in the yard yesterday when the old, tree hugging, biddy from across the street wandered over. I figured she was here to complain about my dogs or my geese, or my goat, or one of my tenants, or....

I shut the engine off on my mower and she said she knew I did a lot of shooting, because she hears me all the time. The she pulls out an old Colt Python with a 2 1/2 inch barrel and wants to know if I thought it was still safe to shoot.

I looked it over and gave it a few twists and yanks and put it through the motions and said I thought it would be fine to shoot. She said it belonged to her father and then her husband and she had not shot in at least 15 years.

We went in the house and I got a box of .38 and a box of .357 and we went to the back porch and did a little shooting. (My range is located so that I can shoot off my back porch.)

I actually had more fun shooting with her than I have had with my regular shooting partners. It took six shots of .38 special before she settled in and started really hitting the target very close to bulls-eye. When we switched to the .357 rounds, she was dead on.

She really liked shooting my GP-100.

Ms Biddy asked what the gun was worth and I told her I thought it would be somewhere around $900.00. We found one on gunbroker that was selling for just over $1,000.00. She told me her dad paid "Nowhere near that much for it!"

I just had to relate the experience. Now the neighbor that nobody likes actually has someone to shoot with her. (She has invited herself back for more shooting in a couple of weeks.) Maybe I was wrong about her.

Page generated in 0.02527 seconds with 8 queries