View Single Post
Old February 18, 2011, 01:50 AM   #8
Hellgate

Entry level my butt! I've been using mine since 1994. Now, if you are really skilled and have panther-like coordination a short stroked '73 would help you gain a second or two per stage. For some folks that is what's needed to win but geeze, I shoot in the Frontiersman category (cap&ball) so I don't scare anyone. Before short stroke kits were designed the original "gamer gun" for match winners was the '92 short rifle. That is the one with the 20" OCTAGONAL barrel which added some weight and stability when working the action to stay on target. If I weren't such a cheapskate I'd get me a coupla those but so far, for my purposes the two Rossi 92 carbines I have are doing well. They are sensitive to OAL which is different for each bullet shape but once you get the cartridge dialed in to the sweet spot OAL they are reliable rifles.
SASS#3302 (Life), SASS Regulator, NRA (Life), Dirty Gamey Bastards #129
Wolverton Mtn. Peacekeepers (WA), former Orygun Cowboy (Ranger, Posse from Hell)

Page generated in 0.02190 seconds with 8 queries