View Single Post
Old January 20, 2009, 01:25 AM   #25
vranasaurus

Quote:
I love my rights and all but aren't FTF transfers/sales the way alot of criminals obtain guns? Correct me if im wrong, because they sure cant buy guns from a store.
It's not the face to face sales that represent the problem with criminals getting guns. Many times it is a straw purchase that leads to the criminals getting the guns which is already illegal under federal law.

Some guy goes to a gun store passes the background check and purchases two pistols with the intent to sell them to some criminals this is a straw purchase, and this is how many criminals get their guns.

Criminals don't look at classifieds, internet forums, or gun shows to get their guns. They know how to get around the law and the best way is to know someone with a clean record that can pass the background check.

The ways criminals get guns today, theft or straw purchase, is already illegal under federal law. Closing this feaux loophole will do nothing to stop the problem since the criminals will continue to have someone purchase the guns for them. Do you think they are going to go to the FFL to get them transferred especially since they and their accomplices have already violated federal law?

Page generated in 0.03020 seconds with 8 queries