View Single Post
Old November 7, 2008, 09:56 AM   #103

Quote:
All people do not respond the same when confronted with life or death situations. The whole premise of your argument seems to be that all will fail and humans are incapable of keeping their wits about them and overcoming their natural instincts. I would counter by saying that the ability to do just that is what separates us from the animals and is a large part of what makes us human beings.
I agree with you about the role that panic plays in gun fights so when we speak of natural instincts, they are different in every person as some will freeze, some will flee, and some will fight. So, when I talk about natural instincts I speak of those that fight. As a aside note when I was in the 95th Training Battalion when the new recruits exited the cattle trailer for their first day of real basic training and met us these responses where highlighted and it gave us instant snap shot of each individual.

Quote:
Notice I don't say that one handed shooting, weak hand shooting, or threat focused shooting for that matter should be dismissed, or neglected, only that sighted, two handed fire should be the core principal. Why? Because in most situations in provides the means to make fast, accurate hits and also, you know as well as I do that when using threat focused shooting, the closer the pistol is to eye level the more accurate the shots are placed.
Unfortunately Nate the statistics say this is wrong and the research I have done say this is wrong. Two handed shooting is only one component of being a well rounded shooter and the fact that most shootings occur within five yards. The research I have done, which Glenn E. Meyer has had the opportunity to review, shows that we are not loosing the gunfights at distance where two handed shooting should be employed but at close quarter ranges, five yard and in, the two handed draw stroke does not work for various reasons.

Speaking of the zipper, it is one of my favorite drills.

http://kilogulf59.proboards80.com/index.cgi

Page generated in 0.04100 seconds with 8 queries