View Single Post
Old June 18, 2013, 02:24 PM   #43
newfrontier45

Quote:
You seem much more passionate about this issue than am I (be careful you don't wear out your cap lock key). Also, you seem absolutely convinced that you are correct, nobody else knows anything and that yours is the final word on the subject so there appears to be no point in adding any further comments.

I would add for the safety of someone reading this that it is not safe to load the vast majority of guns in 45 Colt to do what Wil Terry says can be done. Only a very guns in 45 Colt are strong enough to handle loads that will rival the 44 Magnum.
Well, Terry has probably handloaded and fired more rounds through sixguns than any one else present. Not to mention working in a ballistics lab for a major ammunition company. So yeah, I reckon his opinion is probably worth more than the average keyboard pecker. I might not always agree with what Terry says but when he speaks, smart shooters listen.

Yes, thank you safety police, I think we all know that the .45Colt can only be loaded heavy in certain guns. I'd say there's more than "very few" capable of handling such loads.

Ruger Blackhawk
Ruger Vaquero
Ruger Bisley
Ruger Redhawk
Colt Anaconda
Dan Wesson revolvers
MRI BFR revolvers
Freedom Arms 83
Freedom Arms 97
T/C Contender
Marlin 1894
Rossi 1892