View Single Post
Old May 8, 2013, 08:51 PM   #12
Misssissippi Dave

It should cycle well. I'm not certain how well it will do on accuracy. This is one of the reasons I work up loads to find the sweet spot. There are cleaner burning powders you could use. The trouble now is finding any of them on the shelves.

If you come across some Winchester, RWS or Starline brass, you will probably find it seems to last forever with mild to mid-range loads. I have a few pieces of Winchester brass you will have trouble reading the headstamp on. Given the right light I can do it. This is because it has been loaded many times already. .45 brass seems to get lost before it wears out. I'm not a fan of Remington pistol brass. I do keep loading them until they wear out too. I have some Federal Champion brass which uses the small pistol primers that seem to last longer then the Remington brass does. I use both the large and small primer brass. I use the same load for both. You do need to keep them separated. Some people toss the small primer brass and I wish they would just toss them my way.

Once you find a load you like you are on your way. With time you will find things that just work better for you if you are like most re-loaders. This first range trip will probably set the hook for many years of reloading. Good luck and be safe.

Page generated in 0.02871 seconds with 8 queries