View Single Post
Old September 27, 2011, 06:33 AM   #3
spyderdude

The Colt 6920 is at a good price point (for now) so I'd definitely look into getting one. It may also depend on how much you're willing to spend. The S&W M&P15 Sport I hear is a really good, no frills AR-15 for those who don't have 900-1200 dollars to spend on one. What you plan to use it for may also be a deciding factor. Even if you do get one of the "bottom of the barrel" brands you can always upgrade the critical components later but it's usually better to spend the extra coin and get something that's properly built right out of the box. The brands considered to be top tier from what I know are Colt, Noveske, and LMT. I think BCM is right up there too. The average to lower brands are S&W, Stag, DPMS, Bushmaster and probably a few others I can't think of. That's not to say those won't serve you well, in fact it's likely those brands will do the average shooter just fine because in most cases their owners won't run thousands upon thousands of rounds through them or take them into harms way. Another option is to build your own and that way you can really learn the ins and outs of the AR platform and you'll get exactly what you want!

Last edited by spyderdude; September 27, 2011 at 06:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.02191 seconds with 8 queries