View Single Post
Old November 24, 2008, 09:26 AM   #5
JohnH1963

I brought this situation up because it seems like a good situation to study with how persons (with weapons) in groups react.

I believe there was probably some initial antagonism and resistance and maybe a bottle might have been thrown, but then it seemed to die down rather quickly. However, the police seemed to keep escalating the situation and it was all dependent on the radio calls. The radio calls made the event seem larger then life. When I listened to the calls, it made it seem like there was this angry mob of large men in the street pelting the police with bottles and rocks. However, the video and witness statements seem to go against those facts. The video showed everyone in the house. When one of the guests tried to get out of the house, the police were waiting outside and clubbed the guests as they came out.

The photos of the police wounds that I saw were honestly not all that great. I can make a few scratches on my arm with my fingernails that would seem much greater. The photos of the wounds from the guests seemed much greater as their wounds were inflicted by the clubs of the police.

There was probably 1 or 2 guys that were causing the hostilities. These few guys probably threw a bottle at the police and offered resistance. Then the initial responders made some rather aggressive calls on the police radio. Then the responding officers thought they were in for a riot and reacted as such. The entire group inside the house was then labeled as wrong-doers where it was probably only a few guys involved.

Page generated in 0.02748 seconds with 8 queries