View Single Post
Old September 3, 2006, 09:40 PM   #21
DonR101395

Quote:
I realize that everyone on here has been in multiple gun fights with hundreds of drug dealing gangs, so I will probably be the only one to admit that while I carried for years as a deputy sheriff, I never fired a shot in anger.

Still, I was in a couple of tacky situations and I will reveal, that unlike all you experienced gunfighters, I was nervous as hell and scared to boot. Looking back, I think that the last thing I needed was a trigger so light that my shaking hand would have emptied the magazine. Of course, as all you folks who have undergone extensive training know, when you are faced with the prospect of killing someone or taking a bullet yourself, you will be calm, clear headed and careful. You would never touch one off accidentally or have any fear or trepidation. (If you agree, you are nuts!)

Of course, there is no need to be afraid when your shooting has been done on the range or in the video game. In the less perfect atmosphere of the real world, I never cocked my revolver, preferring DA both for the heavier pull and for control.
Not sure where you're going with this, it looks to me like most people are not advocating a light trigger pull. I haven't read anywhere in the thread where anyone talked about their multiple gunfights. As for extensive training, that means different things to different people. To some it's the military training they received 20 years ago, to others it's going to the range every week and doing FOF training a few times a month and going to a shooting school one or two times a year, most people are probably somewhere in between the two.
To me whatever you're happy with, go forth and prosper. You are the only one who has to answer the mail on your training, your weapon and your actions.

Page generated in 0.02065 seconds with 8 queries