View Single Post
Old December 5, 2005, 04:57 PM   #18
wo55d

thanks alot. i am a experienced bow hunter and have no problem getting game into range. i have a buddie that is a scout snipper in the 101st airborne.i shot w/ him when he is in town. i have no experience w/ the " ultra mag" i was just woundering what bullets to shot for a long shot on big game Mrgee is right elk. i plan on doing some kodiak hunting also but i want them closer w/ a really slow heavy load. i have killed more game w/ my 30/06 than any. boars 180gr. core lockt out to 100 yards. deer out to 300 yards w/125gr. core lockt and dropped them were they stand. my favorite is going doe hunting w/ my buddies ar-15. a 45 grain jhp will even stop a deer where it stands around 200yds. i think i will stick w/ the swift scirocco bonded bullet in 180gr. this ultra mag is a sweet gun i like it. got four rounds with the 150's in a quarter sized hole at 100 yards. going to the 330 meter range this weeked. anybody know good hand loads for long distance for the 300RUM that is why i bought the gun to shot long distance shots. but i will say nothing is better than a well used 30-06.

Page generated in 0.03559 seconds with 8 queries