View Single Post
Old November 2, 2012, 03:31 PM   #9
bshefa

Well here it is. I put a VX3 4.5x14x40LR with a fine duplex on top and took it out.

It is not what I would call a pretty rifle. I tend to prefer wood. However the lines and edges are nice.

It is a hair on the heavy side for my taste but it is manageable. It weighs 9lb 13 oz with the scope.

The trigger breaks at 48 oz on my gauge

It will definitely shoot. I shot multiple 1/2 inch 3 shot groups. Some possibly smaller some slightly larger. I used multiple types of factory ammo in 150g. Amazingly, it really liked the Remington Coreloks and the Hornady Superformance SST. There was little variation betwen them other than the Federal Fusions. It shot about 1 inch with those. I shot steadily around 80 rounds from 5 different varieties.

It heats up quick, but it was also 93 degrees outside. When really hot it will open up to 1.5 inches with just about anything. This is after 10 rounds with about 10 seconds between them. To cool it, I put it in the truck under the air conditioning for about five minutes and it was ready to go. Who knows, it may have just been my shooting.

I did not clean it as I was doing this and cleaned when I got home and had very little copper or fouling.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this rifle/scope combo. Will probably make it my dedicate all round deer rifle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB020449.JPG (215.2 KB, 83 views)

Page generated in 0.03465 seconds with 9 queries