View Single Post
Old December 1, 2010, 03:29 AM   #24
gyvel

Quote:
Not familiar with any Israeli 7.62 weapon that uses 5 round.
Many WWII surplus 98k Mauser rifles from Czechoslovakia were converted to 7.62 NATO by Israel. In addition, there were rifles made by FN for Israel in the 1950's, but I'm not completely sure if they were made originally in 7.62 NATO, or came in 8mm and then converted like the Czech guns. Obviously, these would be the recipients of the 5 shot chargers.

The one thing I am puzzled about, however, is that I was told the "TZ" headstamp ammo was from Yugoslavia.

While not completely relevant to the OP, there was, within the last 20 years or so, a large amount of "7.62 NATO" ammo complete with NATO cross and 80's British headstamp that was made in China, allegedly to support a Communist uprising in the Philippines. (The idea being that the uneducated would assume that the Communist rebels were being supported by the UK.)

Fortunately, the cases were steel, hence immediately obvious to anyone who had a modicum of knowledge about ammunition that they were NOT from Britain. It was always my understanding that the original intent of Chinese production of M14 rifles was also to support that insurrection. (Thus, also blaming the U.S. for supporting the rebels.)

Last edited by gyvel; December 1, 2010 at 03:38 AM.

Page generated in 0.03720 seconds with 8 queries