View Single Post
Old August 25, 2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Sevens

Totally entertaining story!

Me, I get hung up on aesthetics a lot. I do fully realize that look isn't "everything" and in some (rare) cases for me, look doesn't even mean that much. I could give examples, but the bottom line is... I *DO* get hung up on look, especially when I have to *gulp* compare two guns to each other and *GULP* pick.

Those grips on the Super just disgust me. I can't express what I feel when I see Hogue rubber revolver grips. And these things are now hanging off new Ruger's -AND- Smith & Wesson revolvers. I'm startin' to think the CEO of Hogue has pictures of gun makers in compromising positions with farm animals or something.

Oh, they work. They feel good and they eat recoil, no argument. They just look horrendous to me. Put a set on the passenger seat and they could make a whole Ferrari look ugly.

The Super Redhawk all on it's own is a "love it or loathe it" kind of look with that whole massive frame/barrel transition. The Redhawk with the beautiful wood looks -FAR- better.

Anyhow, I'm just reading a story and looking at pictures. I don't have the chance to do the range day, so I'm going with what I see.

In that vein, I think you made the right pick!

Page generated in 0.02358 seconds with 8 queries