Thread: Is 18" legal?
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2011, 10:44 AM   #23
B.L.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0untZer0
Wow that's messed up.

I guess the same sort of thing is going on in NJ and CA, but I don't see how it could stand up in court. Not even from a 2nd Amendment stanpoint but just from an Interstate Commerce standpoint. You generally shouldn't be able to buy a product legally in one state - be it an automobile, or a drill press or whatever and have it be illegal in another state.
My understanding is that the interstate commerce law means that a third state can't interfere with the trade between a first and second state by preventing the passage of the goods through the third state.

A few years ago nearby, there was a case where a city was choking off the sales of a fireworks stand because customers had to cross an area that was in the city limits to get to the out of city limits fireworks stand. The courts ruled in faver of the fireworks stand.
The school zone law as written made it technically illegal to take your hunting rifle to your ranch if there was a school zone in the way.
Similarly, a dry county can't stop beer trucks from passing through on their way to a wet county.

Page generated in 0.02656 seconds with 8 queries