View Single Post
Old August 4, 2008, 05:21 PM   #89
David Armstrong

Quote:
Whats your point
Umm, did you miss it? Let's try again: "Most DGU incidents get taken care of without any great ability to penetrate deeply or through bone."
Quote:
how does it make deep penetration and bone smashing any less advantageous?
I never said a thing about it being less or more advantageous. What I have said is that it rarely matters at all.
Quote:
Yet when I bring this up you ignore it.
No, that is incorrect. I have not ignored it, I have said over and over that is an issue of cost versus benefit. I realize you can't understand that for some reason, but I have said it. I will also point out a basic flaw in your premise, as getting through life without carrying a gun is very different from never needing a gun.
Quote:
I have yet to see a single one carry puny.
As we have mentioned before, your limited experience in this area is a poor way to decide what the broader implications and realities are.
Quote:
The fact that most folks never need a gun proves my statement.
First, as mentioined above, that is a questionable claim itself. But second, and more important, it does nothing to prove the false statement you gave, which was, "...after all statistics say you will never need to even brandish your gun." Statistics do not say that at all. Once again, you are incorrect.
Quote:
Think about it.
I did. Sounds like you agree with me that small calibers/guns are adequate for the great majority of DGU incidents.

Page generated in 0.02163 seconds with 8 queries