Thread: wolves
View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 09:58 AM   #52
buck460XVR

Quote:
Originally posted bySure Shot Mc Gee:

Why was Minnesota picked to be one of the States needing to save the so called extinction of the Grey Wolf?__ "I never got to vote on it!!"__ and neither did this States politicians in the very beginning.

Minnesota was the only state in the lower 48 whose Grey wolf population was not completely and deliberately exterminated by government control programs. Odds are the decision to save them from eradication(since there has always been a healthy population in Canada and Alaska, they really were never in fear of becoming totally extinct), was before any of the current law makers were in office and probably before you were old enough to vote. Minnesota did not "reintroduce" wolves to their state because they always had them. Ones that were not born there migrated there across the Canadian border. Just as Wisconsin never reintroduced them, we got ours from Minnesota and Michigan. Regardless, the conspiracy rumors of the DNR bringing them in at night by the truckloads still exists. A rumor almost as ridiculous as the one about wolves being introduced as a latent form of gun control....i.e. to eat all the wild game so hunters would have no excuse to own guns.

Yes, for the longest time the states did not have control over the wolves there. I believe this was wrong, as folks sitting in Washington have no idea of what's going on in the mountains of Idaho or the woods of Minnesota. Just as I can't speak for what wolves are doing to the deer population in Montana from my home here in the Mid-west. But I know what their impact is here and I know much of what folks think they know about wolves is not correct. So many of the statements made here in this thread are evidence of that. Only thing more disturbing than the misinformation being spread is the advocation of illegal poaching in this thread. I consider TFL a class act, not a forum for supporting illegal activities. Seems ironic that moderators blank out a slang word for urinating, but allow folks to preach and promote poaching.

Page generated in 0.02455 seconds with 8 queries