View Single Post
Old July 12, 2012, 02:40 PM   #11
huntinaz

Quote:
You're okay shooting those in a .357 mag revolver. I wouldn't worry about them in a .38 either. There's a lot of extra room in a .38 case and it's a low pressure round to begin with. The same amount of setback in a 9mm or .40S&W would be a much greater concern.
I agree with this, 3 hundredths of an inch is not going to be a big deal in a 38 spl case. And given that they're going in a 357 revolver, rated for MUCH higher pressures than this 38spl load... it's fine.

Quote:
It is seated too deep, and you started .1 below max? You may get away with shooting them, but it could be helpful to rethink your loading practices. If you had worked it up from a start load, then you would be very familiar with the load characteristics and wouldn't have needed to ask the question.
Well, he said it's his second batch of this load... so not sure why we are jumping to conclusions about where he started. Regardless, a range of 0.3gr (4.7-5.0) doesn't lend itself to a real large workup. 0.1gr "under max" is the same as 0.2gr over min in this case. Starting at 4.9 isn't really all that unreasonable, and especially shooting out of a 357 revolver.

Page generated in 0.03328 seconds with 8 queries