Thread: Survivorman
View Single Post
Old August 20, 2006, 03:25 PM   #12
banditt007

dont forget that snake he killed w/ a stick...had some good meat on it.

The show though entertaining i dont think is too realisitic. he made the fishing hook out of a spring he found... looked like an over sized drum brake spring. apparently he found this, meanwhile he's out in the middle of no where and the thing didnt have a hint of rust/old look to it. it was just sitting there fresh out of the hardware store!? he also used that credit card as a lure, meanwhile he was going for catfish and just casting it out and leaving it there. i think he would have been best off w/ no bubble gum bobber and no credit card on that thing.

also w/ the time he had, he should have definitly made many more of those funnel traps for the turtles/fish.

there was one episode where he was 'cast away' at sea. has nothing but what was on him as he jumped off the boat into the survival raft. teh supplies on the raft sucked and many were not water proof and were destroyed. next thing you know he finds himself on an island. suddenly he has a hat...which was never on his person when he jumped off the side of the boat, swimming in the water and then having to right the survival raft.

Next he busts out a set of snorkle goggles and starts swimming around... hmmm never saw those.

the show has its good and bad points but i would say its more of a metro persons fantasy show than how it would truely go down.

the time he was in the desert it was like 7 days and i forgot what happened but i remember him having very minimal if any drinking water. and none until like his 2nd or 3rd day, yet he is talking up a storm walking around... my throat would be so dry i wouldnt say a thing. and try to only go out early morning/late evening to stay out of the blistering heat/sun...

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries