View Single Post
Old July 26, 2009, 10:51 AM   #5
NavyLT

RCW 9.41.050:
Quote:
(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.
Notice that (i), (ii), (iii) are separated by an "OR" and not by an "and". This means that a loaded handgun is legal in a vehicle if:
(i) the pistol is on the licensee's person
OR
(ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times (REGARDLESS OF THE LOCATION OF THAT PISTOL, as long as the licensee is within the vehicle)
OR
(iii) if the licensee leaves the vehicle unattended, the handgun is concealed and at least the vehicle is locked.

Common Myths:
There is no requirement for a loaded handgun to be on the licensee's person IF the licensee is within the vehicle.

There is no requirement for a non-licensee to keep an unloaded handgun in a case or in a wrapper in a vehicle.

Page generated in 0.03614 seconds with 8 queries