View Single Post
Old February 21, 2009, 02:10 PM   #8
stephen426

Again, I am playing Devil's advocate here. I just want to make it absolutely clear that I do NOT feel this way about guns, but am just trying to stir up some good responses to use for anti-gun people when they point to these kinds of incidents. In my opinion, it is important to develope non-offensive ways to expalin our stance to anti-gun people. Some of these people may even be family or friends. With that said...

chemgirlie,

It does not matter how the child was raised. He might have thought the gun was a toy. There is so much violence on the TV and movies that kids have difficulty distinguishing between reality and fiction. The problem is that there are so many guns available that this kid was able to get his hands on one and kill that poor lady. There are so many irresponsible guns owners out there as evidenced by all of the shooting that have involved children.

As for your assault weapon arguement, why would any normal person need one? We are not fighting a war? That kind of weapon is too dangerous for civilian use and should be restricted to soldiers in war zones. Assault weapons are deadlier and have no place for self defense.

Page generated in 0.02776 seconds with 8 queries