View Single Post
Old November 27, 2008, 07:12 AM   #4
Regular Joe

I've heard of the place you mention, but not sure if it's BLM? I have talked to metro at the place near the liteweight quarry, and he said that it's all private land out there where the owners have no prob.
Nowadays, most of my shooting is with a pair of 10/.22's and only enough with the P-95 to remain proficient. I wanna' shoot more with the 870 Express, but only after I tame the recoil a bit. As it is, performance with the 3" mags is just too much of an advantage to give up, and if I HAVE to shoot it, that performance is what it's all about.
I've been thinking hard about whether or not I need any more guns, and if I decide to go ahead, it will be a .223 bolt gun with a 20" heavy barrel and Nikon 6~18 scope. I find a lot of .223 brass, and used to load for it.
If you're looking for brass, try going all the way out Vegas Valley drive, to Hollywood. A bunch of yahoos shoot there, altho it is definitely NOT legal. I haven't been there, but my security guy shoots there all the time. Go armed, as the gangbangers like that place.
My main reason for having guns is defense, since I've had some run-ins in the outback with idiots. I find that a man who remains cool and deliberate is better armed with a scoped 10/22 than a moron with an AK, because the kind of person who shoots an AK like a moron isn't going to hit me. People who do take the time to gain shooting skills are not the problem causing kind.
If we do come to a bad urban situation, I think the ranges will be short, and the bad guys pretty inept, so I have faith that well placed short range shots (within 100 yds) will win the day.
PM me if you want to hook up.

Page generated in 0.03618 seconds with 8 queries