View Single Post
Old February 21, 2014, 10:16 AM   #36
eldermike

Quote:
You may not have two hands available while you're parrying or deflecting an attack with your support hand, your support hand/arm is injured, or an adversary has hold of your support hand/arm.
I am not as young as I once was but still in good shape. I don't think that drawing a gun while in hand to hand combat is going to work out for you as well as it works in theory. That idea has it's own set of problems. For that purpose I was taught how to fight and how to run and when to use one or the other of these skills.

Quote:
So how often DO you train to quickly draw your gun from your pocket, rack the slide and shoot? Is this how you train with your pocket gun all the time?
Every time I am at the range. However, I have taught the wife how to carry a chambered round in her carry gun because she can't rack a slide well.

Quote:
In addition, training under realistic force-on-force conditions reveals to you what you can and cannot do - if your equipment and methods will actually work under stress.

It's never been an issue if you've never actually trained to do it under realistic conditions. While intellectually you may know what to do - under stress you may fail to do it (and this is quite common). The effects of stress on your mental and physical performance in a life or death situation can be unpredictable.

I have been stressed. I understand.

Page generated in 0.03797 seconds with 8 queries