View Single Post
Old September 11, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1
freebird53597

FL Sizing for AR15

Hi Guys, great forum, first post. (First of many I assume) Anyway I am new to reloading, I have loaded about 400 rounds of .223 for my rem 700 sps tac, and they have performed excellently. I have been neck sizing and bumping back 1 tho when needed. I am going to start loading some brass for my AR tonight. I have 200 rounds of Hornady brass fired once from my AR. In regards to bumping the shoulder back when I measure the fired cases I am getting headspace readings of 1.454-1.460.(Using Hornady Guage) I know I need to bump the shoulder back around 4 tho but since the averages are so far off I am wondering how I should set up my die. Should I set up to bump back 4 tho off 1.460? If I set up that way will it leave the 1.454's alone or will it bump them back even farther? I am worried about too much headspace on the shorter rounds. Also is that much deviation with fired cases normal? If it makes a difference I will be working up a load on a single stage and then going to progressive once I find one that works.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Page generated in 0.03503 seconds with 8 queries