View Single Post
Old June 26, 2008, 01:35 PM   #12
Hawg

Yep total.

Quote:
It ain't exactly Rocket Science, but 's kinda. I can say that I clean my Revs if I shoot 6, or 60 rounds, or or 200 in each Rev on a given day. I figure it like brushin' my teeth after dessert...as long as i'm not too tired. I clean um up that day, and ifin I had shot so many I din't get the Boltspring, bolt, trigger, hammer, pawl(hand), hammer and cones remove that day. I'd do it the next day for sure. My Uncle Sam taught me like that and I'm still here to tell ya.
It's a little work if you want um clean and to last but worth it for the fun you have and they work like a Swiss Clock.

Anyway...how ever you wanna see it I guess. This is only how I like to do it.
It's not going to hurt anything except to wear out the screws but it's not necessary. My guns look(except for the one I antiqued) and function like new. I pretty much do mine like Raider. Just remove the grips and cylinder. All metal parts go into hot soapy water. Bore and chambers get patch cleaned and the internals get sprayed out with WD-40 to displace water and then lubed. Reassemble and wipe down with oil. I can tear down any one of mine right now and the internal parts will be bright and shiny with no fouling residue or rust anywhere.
I fired one with 40 grs. of Pyrodex and let it sit for nine days and it didn't rust. The chambers and bore started to show a white film like lead oxidation at the end of nine days so I went ahead and cleaned it.

Page generated in 0.02994 seconds with 8 queries