View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 02:46 PM   #78
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
My county's mayor & the elected county sheriff both stated they don't have the $ to add more LE next year & will barely meet the requirements to deploy deputies in all schools for the end of this school year.
The "good guys with guns" concept is not practical in 2013. The local counties & cities do not have the $ to pay sworn LE personnel.
I'd also state that "volunteers" or "reserve security" wouldn't fly either due to civil liability & insurance issues. I can hear the lawyers screaming now if a school district wanted to go that route.
That is a bunch of bologna. It is a matter of political will and priorities.

I live in a rural Alabama County that is not known for it's wealth. We manage to afford to have an armed sheriff's deputy in every school. Our county also has a a solid reserve Deputy program as well. As reserve Deputies have to meet all the same requirements as regular deputies there is no reason why could not use reserve deputies to augment the deputy at each school.

Page generated in 0.02745 seconds with 8 queries