View Single Post
Old April 13, 2008, 12:29 PM   #55
Covert Mission

Quote:
Some of these guys have done a nickel or more up at the gladiator academy and are using every second to determine if they can 1) run 2) overpower me or 3) drawn down and fire on me.
Interesting point, sir. Anyone who's spent time on the street in hardcore gang territory knows this. Of course, the libs will accusing you of "profiling" when instead, it's good police work and knowing your "clientele". While you can't assume someone you stop, who looks like John or Mary Q. Citizen, isn't instead a bankrobber, or just murdered their spouse or whatever, you can often identify the hardcore BGs immediately. The "wannabes" and lookalikes have to prove themselves otherwise, but are treated with extreme caution until then, a choice they've made for themselves by mode of dress and demeanor.

The best cops I've known exude self-confidence without being cocky, authority without being authoritarian, strength through strong presence, and tell their contacts "I am in charge now. We can take this to any level you choose" and maintain control and prevail, using the appropriate level of force and be totally professional the whole time. The people who accuse them of being "jackbooted thugs" have issues...some people just hate any kind of authority, no matter how professional. That's a hard way to go through life.

Page generated in 0.03137 seconds with 8 queries