View Single Post
Old April 4, 2005, 08:05 PM   #4
Bob - S.C.

Jeff, you choice of equipment will be dependent on just how much accuracy you want. I shoot AR-15's and I want extreme accuracy. Volume is also not an issue with me either. I decided on the RCBS RockChucker Supreme, RCBS competition die set, but, I use the Hornady LNL bushings in my press and on my dies so it literally takes 1 second to change dies. For a powder measure, I decided on the PACT electronic scale system. It is extremely accurate (depending on your powder choice). I was not impressed with the RCBS system because it takes quite a long time to measure powder. I am using the RCBS case trimming system and it is, again, very accurate. I did a lot of research (for about 3 months). So, once you have deprimed, resized and cleaned your primer pocket hole, you can trim your case length to an exact 0.000 of an inch each and every time. That makes a big difference, at least in my AR's. With the competition dies you can seat your bullet to within 0.002 very consistentaly and that all adds up to 1/8" goups at 100 meters. To me, it is worth the extra effort and time but the equipment also plays a large part in that too! Just my 0.02.

Page generated in 0.03362 seconds with 8 queries