View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 12:11 PM   #36
jgcoastie

reoader22

Proper grammar, grammar, grammar.... It goes a long way towards getting your point across...

Though from what I can gather from your post, (I think) you're saying that a .243 Win and a .50 BMG are equally deadly on bears. If we're talking deer or something similar, even smaller black bears, I would tend to agree with you. However, your assumption is based on another unlikely assumption that a .243 Win has the power/energy and toughness to reach the heart of a big bear.

It does not, at least not reliably. And you'd never find a guide that would allow you to hunt with a .243 Win for Kodiak Coastal Brownies.

And as far as the old lady in your village taking on a bear with a .22lr. Well, if true, then I'll say this... A couple of weeks ago, there was a guy in this area that tried to win a gunfight with his 9mm v.s. a S.W.A.T team... Neither people in these two stories seem to be of much measurable intelligence...
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.03047 seconds with 8 queries